Summer Yoga at Lemay
***ONLINE SIGNUP REQUIRED***
Signups open each Friday at noon for the following week's classes.
Tuesdays & Thursdays* | 6:15-7:15 PM through August 31st
*Classes may be moved to a different day of the week when there is an event at the Tacoma Dome.
Self-care for Collective Care. Come together in community in the heart of our city for outdoor yoga. Yoga is an ancient holistic practice developed in S Asia but often seen as a luxury, with costs and accessibility only serving a select few. But when we practice yoga we have the opportunity to form deep and loving connections with other students, teachers and anyone else we meet on our journey --- this practice can be a positive force in our personal lives. Now imagine the impact when we expand that force to our community.
BOOKING A CLASS
To book your spot, choose a date and price from the drop-down menus on this page.
- Signups open each Friday at noon for the following week's classes.
- Refund Policy: No refunds will be issued. If you can't attend class, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to transfer your booking to a future date.
- Weather Policy: If the weather looks wild, we will cancel class by 4:30 PM. All students will be notified via email and an announcement will be posted on social media.
HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR PRICE
Know that outdoor yoga is your thing and you plan to soak it up all summer? Purchase a summer pass that pays for all 3 months of summer yoga on the lawn at LeMay and Dune Peninsula, pop-ups at Lakewold Gardens, and any additional outdoor classes we may add. You do not need to book a spot. There will be a list of pass holders at check-in so you can just tell the check-in person your name when you arrive.
WHAT TO BRING
- Yoga mat or beach towel
- Sunglasses or hat
- Layers — it can very chilly by Savasana at the end of class
VENUE & PARKING
LeMay Car Museum on Coast Salish Territory of the Puyallup Tribe at 2702 E D Street, Tacoma, WA 98421
- Free parking (100+ spots)
- 5-minute walk from Tacoma Dome Station
- Easy access off I-5, Hwy 509, Hwy 16, Hwy 7
- No bathrooms
10% FOR TACOMA MUTUAL AID COLLECTIVE
We will donate 10% of all sales from our summer yoga series to the Tacoma Mutual Aid Collective. TMAC (@tacomamutualaid) works in solidarity with Tacoma communities to support resource, knowledge, and skill-sharing across our neighborhoods.
What is mutual aid? Mutual aid is about community and reciprocity, not charity. It can be loosely described as caring for others and working together to improve a community, even our world. Mutual aid organizing is volunteer-run, transparent, and driven by the needs articulated by community members.
📸: all drone photos/videos licensed from OverTacoma